I was happy today to finish this jacket which required many stitches. I used the Alabama Chanin bolero pattern in an extended version that's more jacket and less bolero.
I made two layers. The outer one I stenciled using the "Facets" stencil--and let me tell you, cutting that thing out is a project in and of itself.
Then I stitched around each shape using one strand of button and craft thread. Then I cut around each shape.
Then I added strategic beads and sequins. They helped the shapes to read as organized rosettes or stylized flowers.
Then I constructed the garment and bound the edge.
I'm wearing it over a six-gore dress that's been pumped up with four godets to add fullness to the skirt. Two in the front, two in the back.
All done, at last.