Saturday, November 19, 2005

Thanksgiving Plans

Daisy sat second chair today as we finished up making the fruitcakes. Actually she sat on the counter eating an apple and jabbing a wooden spoon into the bowl of batter. That's some good-smelling batter.

I have laid my Thanksgiving plans, and this year, unlike last year, we are having a (relatively) quiet family day. The only ones coming are my mother and two of my brothers. Last year I think the headcount was 30-something, and included many crazy people. No Crazy People is my standard for this year.

The menu never changes, so that part is easy:

Roasted Turkey
Smoked Turkey
Cornbread Dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Green Beans
Green Salad
Rolls

Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Apple Pie
Whipped Cream
Darjeeling Tea

Not slimming, as Raffaella would say.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails