Monday, December 05, 2005

It Was a Road Trip Weekend

Which is why travel was on my mind yesterday!

My next younger brother (we'll call him Head Coach) took his high school football team to the state finals in a state that takes its football very seriously. We couldn't miss that game, so the seven of us plus my mother drove the 450 miles to see his team play. We had a wonderful time, and although the game did not go well, it was more than worth the drive to see him, Mrs. Head Coach (actually Cheerleading Coach), my niece and nephew, and the team.

My mother brought along a tin of pecan tassies she had made--tiny pecan pies. That's some good car snacks! It was very nice having her along as she put herself on non-stop Daisy-entertaining duty. The Composer did all the driving, so all that was left for me to do was pass out cookies and borrow Giles' iPod.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails