Friday, December 23, 2005

Potted Daisy

We had such a peaceful, pleasant day today. This morning I did all my prep cooking for Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner. Then Daisy went down for a nap, and Giles and I took a long walk, with a treat--the Composer picked us up after forty minutes, so we got to walk all downhill and flat the whole way, no going back up the mountain!

When Daisy woke up, her diaper was dry, so half for fun and half because my mother thinks she is ready for toilet training, I set her on the big potty and turned on the sink tap. Success! She completely understood what she was supposed to do and did it immediately, then was all business about the toilet paper, potty lid, and flushing. So proud of herself!

After *that* big event we went to the nature trail between the lake and town, so Felix could birdwatch and the Composer could run, and the girls and I could hang out on the playground and send Daisy down the slide. That was excellent for her.

After dinner I suggested the potty again and once again, she hopped up, did her business, and looked around for applause. I think she is on to something.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails