Friday, January 06, 2006

Retro Fun: Gilligan's Island

The kids don't watch any tv (the Composer and I watch only ER), and we hardly get any reception anyway, but this past year we have been tickled with our DVD purchases of some of our old favorite series from growing up. We have Andy Griffith, I Love Lucy, Happy Days, Brady Bunch, and a few other odds and ends, but the hands-down favorite with the children is Gilligan's Island. Bella is the proud new owner (since Christmas) of Season Two, which we are enjoying every day. When I first watched it as an eight-year old myself I don't think I quite fathomed the depths of silliness of the show, but boy it seems silly now, and I do love to hear the uncontrolled tickled laughter from the kids as they watch.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails