Saturday, January 21, 2006

Saturday Morning Baking

The house smelled delicious this morning as I powered my way through a two-hour baking session which resulted in these delights:

•eight loaves of whole wheat bread (I did have to bake the last four after my two hours were up)
•a spice cake
•nine dozen chocolate chip cookies
•two dozen frosted chocolate cupcakes
•one dozen frosted maple-pecan cupcakes

I find the bake-a-thon to be a more complicated mental process than a straight cook-a-thon, as so many of the items have overlapping ingredients and it's easy to forget whether or not I have added salt--or even flour or sugar!--to a particular bowl. Everything from this morning looks okay, although I'm not as blissfully confident as I was back in the days before I produced a beautiful but horrible-tasting chocolate cake with no sugar in it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails