Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Not Again!

Yesterday while I was folding laundry I looked down and was horrified to see that the sapphire in my engagement ring was gone. It is such a beautiful stone, and I've never seen one like it--it's called a cornflower sapphire and is a beautiful medium blue, cut in an oval.

I had lost it once before, fifteen years ago. Just like yesterday, I Iooked down and it was missing. Several weeks later I was unfolding a pair of socks and it flew across the room. It has lived safely in my engagement ring ever since then.

Yesterday I was hopeless that I would ever find it. I was sure that it would get vacuumed up or had fallen out outside. I did pray that God would restore it to me once again but there didn't seem to be any point at all in looking for it.

This morning I put in a load of wash. When the cycle was over I was pulling out my wet laundry and heard the sound of something rattling around in the washer. I couldn't see it, and I couldn't even feel it, because it was wedged down in one of the round holes in the washer, but there it was. I'm going back to the jeweler with it, and this time I want it superglued! And thank you, Lord!

4 comments:

Magistra Mommy said...

What a blessing, Anna!

Mr. Wilt lost his wedding band when pulling off gloves in the snow at the hospital where he works a couple of years ago. We went back to the hospital that night and swept his parking spot with a broom but to no avail. Two weeks later, he was walking with his co-worker to the car and his co-worker called out, "Hey, was that a white gold band you lost?" There it was, on the ground, after being snowplowed several times over the course of the two weeks.

God is good!

Cherish the Home said...

I'm so glad you found it!

I don't wear my engagement ring while I'm at home because it is a marquis and it stands tall and I'm always catching it on things and I'm afraid that I'll lose the diamond.....that happened to my sister in law.

Mommaroo2 said...

You should have the setting checked once in a while. I got mine at Helzberg Jewelers and they guarantee the diamond, as long as I come in yearly to have it checked. They do it for free. I'm sure other jewelers probably will check the setting yearly for free to. I'm glad you found your gemstone! :-)

Mommaroo2
www.journeytohomemaker.blogspot.com

good_to_be_home said...

What a wonderful story.

Related Posts with Thumbnails