Sunday, April 09, 2006

Simplicity 5961: A New Apron


I picked this pattern up at the fabric store yesterday, along with a yard of fabulous retro-style fabric that even I would not attempt to make into street wear--bright red with scenes in yellow and brown of little girls at a birthday party, including cutting the cake and pinning the tail on the donkey. But with some bright yellow bias binding trim and a great retro pattern (View B, shown in pink, perhaps?), I am on my way to a great addition to my apron collection.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I made the pink one--using apple fabric to match my kitchen. I LOVE retro aprons!

Oh, and I've been reading your blog, I think I hopped over here from Mrs. Wilt's blog. I *think*...LOL It's hard to keep track.

Magistra Mommy said...

Too cute! I have a Butterick retro apron pattern I am wanting to try. I picked up a couple of yards of butter-colored fabric with little red cherries on it for the project. You have inspired me to be brave and cut into it. :o)

McKee Family said...

I have made 2 of the green apron, one in retro "flour sack" small white daisies on blue(white bias tape) and the other is turquoise with cherries(burgandy bias tape)! I love it!

I squeezed it onto a yard of fabric.

Related Posts with Thumbnails