Thursday, May 24, 2007

New Curtains in the Sitting Room



As school finishes up for the year I am getting to some less urgent projects, and today put up new curtains in the sitting room. Previously there were valances hanging up, made from a Waverly ivy print that had faded to the point of shabbiness. This room catches so much sun all summer that it really needed something to filter the light.

Giles and I went to Lowe's this morning and found something that met my standards of 1. natural fibers and 2. simplicity (keeps cheap things from looking cheap). Plain cream cotton twill very reasonably priced.

We bought rods and brackets and he hung them all after lunch as I madly pressed curtain after curtain. I realized as I worked that these are the only curtains in the whole living area of our house, except for three valances in the kitchen. I do love those open expanses of glass, but these curtains are just right.

3 comments:

Cherish the Home said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

Those look great! One of my projects this summer is new curtains for the family room, and the dining area. Both have french doors that face west, and in the evening, the sun is blinding!

Anonymous said...

I have the same curtains from Lowes, but in red. I love them and have received many compliments from friends. I told my husband they didn't need to be ironed, that they would straighten out while hanging. Wrong! After all the work of putting them up I had to take them down about 2 weeks later, iron them and rehang them! So smart to iron them right off!

Related Posts with Thumbnails