When we originally made our vacation plans we thought we would set out today, as soon as Felix got home from Boy Scout camp, and make for Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico before turning north for a wedding in Colorado. However, we realized yesterday that the Composer's work schedule, while actually *paying* for the trip, has made this departure date not feasible. So now we plan to leave on Monday.
Extra Saturday Pleasures
• A bonus weekend at home with no commitments.
• Lots of thrifting this morning with all my girls in tow. A floral sheet. A bluebird print. Glass punch cups.
• The inspiration of 1930's nightgowns at the antique store--something to sew with my sheet.
• My mother visiting with the summer issue of Marie Claire Idees--something to read on the road.
• Blue and cream Debbie Bliss cashmerino for my next knitting project--something to make on the road.
• Picking Felix up after camp--he looked just as I thought he would after a week in the woods--tanned, bleached hair, and eyes, as always, truly aglow.
• Clara's beaded sewing projects. Her work is lovely!
•Taking Bella out for ice cream.
• Roasted Vegetable and Sausage Rigatoni for dinner.