Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hanging Out His Shingle

Giles is officially in business this month. He has actually earned the money to pay for a snappy new collegiate wardrobe *simply by taking pictures*. And we all know how easy that is. Right.

I wish I could share some of his paid photography with you all, because so far all of his clients have been parents of disabled children who have gotten him to do candid portraits of their kids, in their homes.

Children who can't speak, or can't hear, or see, or move, or hold still--he has captured them all with his incredible eye for beauty. In his photographs you can see how much fun they all are having. Dancing, skateboarding, talking to pets, working puzzles with therapists, trying to stand alone. One little boy doing amazing flips on the trampoline--with one arm and two leg stumps. A little girl singing and gesturing to her favorite song--on her ventilator. Another little girl who's receiving hospice care at home, with her brown curls brushed and a little blue bow in her hair.

Honestly, he has no idea what good work he does.

14 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a gift from God. He is so talented. It's so neat to see someone who uses and hones his talents.

Joy said...

He truly has a beautiful gift...I hope he never stops using it.

Tracy said...

What a blessing he must be to these families. I'm glad that he is using the God-given talent that he has.

Mrs. MK said...

Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

How wonderfully inspiring he is. I wished he lived nearer to me. I have a son with special needs and I lve to have him do his photos.You must be so proud.

Bonnie said...

That is so neat, I got choked up just reading about it!
What a gift to be shared in this way.

Anonymous said...

Tell Giles thank you from me! My son has cerebral palsy and, of course, he's beautiful but people have trouble seeing past his wheelchair or his differences sometimes to see who he really is. Even I have trouble capturing a good shot of him and I'm not too bad of a photographer. Many parents have to be content with the bad school photos and for most part children with disabilities are at their worst in situations like that! You sure must have done a lot right for your son to be involved in something that worthwhile and unusual for someone his age! God bless you all.

Anonymous said...

I "ditto" what everyone has said above. How very beautiful. I wish I could see some of his work and the beautiful children in the pictures.

Julian said...

that is very very beautiful of him to do that. I know how much that would mean to the parents of these children. I know how proud you are of him.God has truly blessed him with this ability to photograph, and use it for good.
Christina

Kimmie said...

May God continue to use him to bless others!

You must be so proud!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Tiffany Mims Shedd said...

A quote for Giles. "Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." -Edgar Degas

Anonymous said...

He is already SO good...in so many ways. Wishing him the very best in his work...on and off campus. What a gift...what a blessing.

Mrs. Cote said...

I can only whole heartedly agree with what others have already said here. It sounds like he is using his gift to bless others in a very special way. It blows me away!!

kittyhox said...

Wow! You must be so proud. That is just too neat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails