Saturday, July 21, 2007

Saturday with the Nephews

Happy weekend plans: two of my boy-wonder nephews are here, one with his dad! Lots of swimming, Legos, fort-building, and eating. So much eating, in fact, that I had no choice but to head to Farmer's Market this morning to replenish our supplies. Of okra.






Our market is in our little restored train depot, which makes it even better.








We head out to the city this evening for a nighttime 5K (all the guys, big and little, are running). Dinner with grandmother first, so I made the world's largest rice pudding, and a pan of gingerbread. The kitchen smells very good.

And I love my new Boden dress.


That's today's news!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like purple-hull peas. My favorite meal. Purple hull peas with fresh corn cut off the cob. Mixed together and topped with real butter. A side of fresh tomatoes and another of cucumbers in vinegar. All served with homemade cornbread. Yum Yum!!Joy

Gina said...

What a great summer's day! Beautiful colors on those farmer's market finds, too!

Short Stop said...

I found your blog from Tracy's. I love your photographs, and scrolled through your recipes! I will definitely be trying some of them! I really enjoy your blog. I'll be back!

Cheri said...

How fun! When our family used to live in MI, I remember as a little girl going to a farmers market and it was at an old train depot.

Family W said...

I stumbled upon your blog while visiting Sarah's 'In the Midst of It'. I love your pictures. They're beautiful! Do you mind if I ask what kind of camera you use? --Lynn

Joey said...

that looks absolutely amazing.

and now i want rice pudding =D

--Joey

mylife-isitnow.blogspot.com

Knit-Wit said...

Your pictures inspired me to try my hand at your style of photography. Everything turned out blurry - so it is not as easy as it looks! I appreciate them even more!

Laura said...

Oh, I love those Boden tea dresses! So glad you got one!

Lois E. Lane said...

I too enjoyed a Saturday with two "boy wonder nephews" -- a 7-month-old who is determined to start taking his first steps and a 4-year-old who points out that his grandmother's balcony could use another stabilizer. They just blow me away!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos! And a farmers market at a restored train depot- that's a super idea. I wish they had something like that around here.

Lyn said...

Love the colors in the dress!

Related Posts with Thumbnails