I'm sure everyone has her own idiosyncratic mental list when thrifting. You know, those things you just *are* going to buy if they cross your path. On mine:
• Restaurant and restaurant style dishes--Buffalo, Jackson, etc.
• Sewing notions, especially packages of bias tape in odd colors. But not thread, which might be too old and weak and ruin a project. Always zippers. I'll never have to buy another one in a fabric store.
• Fabric yardage if it's at all cute. If not for me, then to pass along.
• Gift wrapping supplies--curly ribbon, little fake flowers, great bows. Also crepe paper rolls and fold-out tissue wedding bells!
• Ironstone china.
• Pillowcases in terrible seventies yellows and brown--perfect for car travel.
• Books on vintage homemaking and sewing. Grace Livingston Hills.
• Pieces of handwork, even if they're tacky. Given the right setting, almost any little bit of embroidery will sing! (See above: pillow created from a pretty tasteless piece of crewelwork, but I think it came out cute!)