Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bucket of Bluestem



Yesterday saw me scrubbing the kitchen for several hours--as the Composer pointed out, once you start getting in all the crevices, there is really no end to the amount of grime you can find.

Regardless, I put forth my best effort and brought most of the kitchen to a high state of polish. After I finish cleaning a room I like to mark the achievement with something pretty. In the kitchen I used a blue-painted bucket filled with an armful of bluestem grass that Giles cut in the pasture. Lovely against the white wall.

7 comments:

SisterlyLove said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!
-Genevieve

Tyna said...

Oh that really is pretty!

Anonymous said...

I have a logistics question about scrubbing floors - are you scrubbing on your hands and knees? If so, how do you handle that? My knees are so bony that I can't be on the floor on my knees for more than a minute or too without extreme pain, but I know that sometimes the hands and knees approach is the best way to clean.

Anonymous said...

I, too, have a logistics question...on cleaning days such as this what do your children do about school? (Or are they old enough to be fairly independent?) Also, what kind of dinner do you serve on a busy, cleaning day?

EEEEMommy said...

I can commiserate! Today I scrubbed the shower...
I appreciate so much your balance! Hard work is balanced with beauty.

Dove Knits said...

Your unexpected but beautiful decorations are so inspiring!

Anna said...

I didn't scrub the kitchen floor by hand, just with a mop. But I did spend plenty of time on the floor with my head in the cabinets, under the sink, and (especially) in the oven. Gas turned off!

My school kids are old enough to do their work on their own, although I do make sure Bella keeps moving through her work, check her math, and give her spelling words. I can do all of that while cleaning!

I think it would be nice to serve a very simple dinner on a busy cleaning day (or have someone bring home burgers) but I have been finishing my work by early afternoon and making regular meals. One more day to go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails