Friday, November 23, 2007

The Long Quiet Weekend


I love Thanksgiving not only for being a wonderful holiday with easy-to-meet expectation and lots of family, but because of the bonus three days afterwards. Time to savor the very end of autumn before the frenzy starts.

Felix is out on a forty-mile backpacking adventure in the frosty weather. Clara is finishing up a knitting project, a Grace Livingston Hill, and playing cello-piano duets with the Composer. For me, a long walk, a day off from cooking, some poking around in my patterns, and time to enjoy my orchids and indoor bulbs.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Isn't it wonderful?
We stayed home, enjoyed left-overs and watched "Emma" this evening.

I cleaned, put away most of the usual things I have out on display and began decorating for Christmas.

We have no plans for the weekend, except for a date Sunday evening and the hope of finding our Christmas tree.

I enjoy the peace.

Jen said...

Sounds like a relaxing weekend. Ours has been the same...I actually seemed a little bored today but it is nice to be bored once in awhile...I should have went on a walk..that sounds nice. Maybe tomorrow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails