Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Daisy, with Fan



Since last I mentioned Pirates of Penzance, Daisy has become smitten with the operetta. "Which girl do you want to be?" she asks, and without waiting for an answer tells me that she wants to be "Mabel, because she has the best dress, best ribbons, best hat, best handkerchief, best fan, and she can sing really high because her cheeks are pink."



Thank goodness she can now *be* Mabel, since Clara bought her a fan at the gift shop at the zoo. I say, if the shoe fits . . . .

12 comments:

DealFinder said...

I love it! Ever since going to my first production of "Pirates" I have been quite smitten with Gilbert and Sullivan too!

Dianna said...

Your girls have excellent taste!

Anonymous said...

OH. How I wish I could get a dvd copy of that movie. I remember watching the very one you mentioned in your last post when I was younger. It was a favorite. I haven't seen it in years and years! But I can think back to all those beautiful ribbons and dresses and know that Daisy must be having a blast pretending!

Mrs. Hurzeler said...

I have never heard of that production but I love how Daisy thinks ladies sing better if they have pink cheeks. Children's innocence is such a sweet thing.

emme said...

Oh, Daisy is so sweet! ☺

~Emily

Joy said...

oh how sweet and funny...
reminds me of when I was a little girl- I used to put on my grandma's petticoats and play Maria (Sound of Music) until I drove everyone batty.

Gina said...

Adorable, and what a cute remark she made about pink cheeks!

Beth said...

SO sweet...

Beth said...

And I loved the post about Clara's trip...what an excellent gift idea as they grow older. AND the recent post regarding your children finding their professions...Loved it!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Now that's precious!

Paula

Anonymous said...

And if the shoe doesn't (literally) fit, we can still have fun pretending!

Melinda

Niall MacC said...

AAAh you've done it again, great photos!
Ruth

Related Posts with Thumbnails