Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Vintage Baby Jacket


Vintage sewing patterns for baby layettes are irresistible--I just can't get enough of the sweet cover drawings. Of course, the patterns are useful too! This little jacket was only three pieces plus the bias binding. And if only I had made raglan sleeves more recently than years ago (or if the pattern instructions were in the envelope), it would have taken only a few minutes to put together.

It'll be in the shop with lots of other goodies later in the week, I hope.

11 comments:

Hill upon Hill said...

The fabric is beautiful.

Polly said...

I have *got* to have a daughter....

Pinkflowerbuttons said...

this is gorgous. So pretty.

Suzanne said...

Such sweet material and the binding color I love.

Anonymous said...

Love all the things you are putting
together. The speed at which you
do it keeps us older folks
motivated!

Thanks!!!!
Ms. Dale

Anonymous said...

Yes, your speed and skill inspire this grandma. I am lobbying for a new sewing machine to help with that.

So hoping for a granddaughter to sew for. Baby's due in February! (We love blue, too.)

Sarah said...

How darling! I was given so many clothes for my first two babies that I had no need to make them anything, but with this one, I really want to make a few little things for him/her. The jacket is too cute for words! I'd love to make that style in a fleece with a matching jumper or jumpsuit for my baby (due in January).

GingerLouise Clothing said...

So Sweet

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby jacket. Sweet fabric.

Gombojav Tribe said...

DARLING!

Anonymous said...

Your child's top is so dainty, it is a pristine rendition of the 1920's! Honestly, if I had a child I would want it to be wearing all clothing from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails