Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Daisy World


Daisy doesn't always let me into her imaginary world. Sometimes I accidentally intrude into an elaborate set-up on her bedroom floor and she shouts "Don't come in!", catching me before I crash into a universe of tiny animals and scraps of fabric and cotton balls.

But this week she needed help. She can't drive a car; she doesn't own any buckets; she had no way of choosing a safe spot to cut lots and lots of daisies unless she got me on board.


Daisies. "Because my name means Daisy. So I want a lot of them." She brought three pairs of scissors and two buckets, and we parked in the parking lot of the Apostolic Pentecostal Tabernacle and cut flowers in the ditch.

17 comments:

Kate said...

So sweet!

~Kate

Jodes said...

What a beautiful world Daisy lives in, and what a beautiful mother you are for indulging her :)

Anonymous said...

What a lucky girl Daisy is to have such an amazing mom!

Miri said...

These little glimpses into our children's inner lives are precious, aren't they? I love your photo illustrations too.

SF said...

Beautiful. :)
I feel certain Daisy and my Saraya would be firm friends.

Knitters Notebook said...

What fun!!! Now I have to imagine what they all were for....

1. A vase in her room

2. Stepping stones for a small little fairy

3. A forest for a bunch of animals

Please lets us know ~smile~

Renee

Shelley in SC said...

I just love the imaginative world of children. I have many happy memories of living there myself : ).

gina said...

Precious! Daisies are my favorite flowers. I would want buckets full, too.

Patricia said...

Beautiful photos - and aren't flowers in the ditch the BEST?

We're kindred spirits, Daisy and I.

Eileen said...

Well, if that isn't a perfect way to spend a day then I don't kow what is! My Julia loves time just with mom and I can see her doing this.

seashoreknits said...

You are a great mom.

Anna said...

Just an appreciative one.

Leah H said...

So beautiful and I agree with Shelly in SC.

Farrah said...

I'm still quite the daydreamer. I hope Daisy never loses her imagination. We need all the "Anne's" in the world as possible.

Katy said...

Simply Sweet! :)

Anonymous said...

Do you carry your camera with you or do you use your phone for times like this?

Amy said...

I feel the same way about my imaginary playworlds even if I am 15 (almost 16). The basement is my "world", and if anyone comes down I immediately stop what I'm doign and stare at them until they leave. =P

Related Posts with Thumbnails