Monday, October 22, 2012

Collecting the Animals

Collecting all our animals was first on my list of things to do after we got up this morning. Frederick was one town over at sweet Leah's house, the goats had been living across the road, and the cats had been fed at the back porch by the part-time house-sitter.


I have to say that I could not match Daisy's enthusiasm for fetching the goats. Cleaning the water bucket, cutting the sumac for their pen, and then walking down for them and bringing them back on leashes--at least it wasn't sweltering.


Frederick was easy enough, being a caged bird and all (most of the time). We did celebrate his return home with a little floor freedom. The screen door is latched, but he and Summer Diamond are deep in conversation here.

Two of the cats were back in place last night when we arrived near midnight. But Fitzwilliam hasn't shown up yet and I'm starting to worry. Tomorrrow morning, maybe? I'm praying.

[Edited to add] FW is back, hallelujah!

8 comments:

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Praying with you that he shows up--cats are such sticklers for routine.

Anonymous said...

Can't tell you how much I enjoyed your trip photos. Feels like I've had an autumn visit to Paris myself. Hoping for Fitzwilliam's safe return...
Deborah

Flepandco said...

I'm praying for Fitzwilliam too. Hope we hear good news soon.

Rose said...

Fitzwilliam knows which side his bread is buttered on, he'll be back when he knows you are.

Farrah said...

I'm glad you made it home safely! Do you have jet lag? Did Fitzwilliam arrive home yet?

L said...

Glad he's home! That's what cats do - just to make sure we miss them all the more :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad he's back.....I came back here just to check. :o)

Cheryl said...

So happy for your edit...I have been worried!
Yes, hallelujah! =D

Related Posts with Thumbnails