Monday, January 27, 2014

A Little Window Shopping


A tiny jaunt down the two-lane highway this weekend blew my cobwebs away. The Composer drove so I had the double pleasures of looking out the window and stitching at the same time.


I hoped to duck into a particularly awesome antique store where I bought three quilt tops a few weeks ago--thinking I could provide a home to the tops I passed up the first time.


But it was closed for the day and we could only look in the window, admiring the cross-eyed bobcat


and the fancy-dress raccoon.


After a stroll down the sunny sidewalk, we got back in the car and drove home, picking up hamburgers on the way.


That's a good Saturday.

4 comments:

Josephine's Girl said...

I just found your delightful blog. What a lovely inspirational journal!

MrsSM said...

OH! We had a blender just like that growing up. I was always scared of it!

What a blessing of a Saturday for you--thanks for sharing it.

Lisa said...

The ticket sign is very cool.

Lisateresa

Farrah said...

My grandmother was an antiques dealer before she had to go to the nursing home. You would love her house if you love these items. I'm glad you and The Composer had a nice day out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails