Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Quilt Like Kimonos


I started quilting the third and last quilt top from the series started back in December. I found this top to be the least compelling of the set--until I got to know it better.


Then I saw that its structure asked for a grid of quilt lines, rather than parallel horizontals. And that it had been so thoughtfully pieced, with squares alternating between solids and strip-quilting. And that somehow, the modest fabrics were suggesting a Japanese kimono.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I really like it.

Lisateresa

Amy said...

Do you quilt on a frame? Can you share any of your techniques for hand quilting or do you have any quilting books to recommend?

Anna said...

Amy, I just pick up the quilt and start doing running stitches. I do work from one side of the quilt to the other to keep things smooth.

Related Posts with Thumbnails