Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Log Cabin Quilt: Pink Tulips in Delftware


Pieced back in September, this quilt was finished just this week. My mother hand-quilted it for me, pausing for an elbow replacement, a double mastectomy, a reconstruction, and a few other bits of business.


Gee, what took you so long, Mom? :)


Since she is a genius colorist (and the quilter gets to choose the finishing fabrics), it's bound in a perfect teal print. And, it's backed with both the deep purple you see above,


and this exquisite vintage tablecloth that's hand-embroidered in fruit orchard colors.



And here and there you'll see another sliver of this or that added in,


because my mother has good ideas.

5 comments:

Rose said...

Gee Anna you'd think your Mum could have quilted it a bit sooner, wouldn't you? ;) Lovely job as always.

Anna's Mum: I take my hat off to you, your can-do attitude is inspirational. My best wishes to you for a complete recovery.

Anonymous said...

Words fail me. This is a stunning piece of art.

Lisa said...

It looks so much prettier after quilting! I love that red thread she used.

Lisateresa

Farrah said...

So lovely. Gingham is one of my favorite patterns, especially when paired with florals.

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Bless your mom! She does have wonderful color sense! You two should team teach at Craft South!

Related Posts with Thumbnails