Saturday, November 29, 2014

A Blue, Blue Day at the Cabin, and Rituals

I was marveling this week at how rituals effectively slow down time. Instead of this holiday weekend whizzing by, first we had Thanksgiving. The next day we had our annual Outside Workday, where we rebuilt an arbor, raked all the leaves and mulched the garden, burned both the bonfire piles, cleared brush at the end of the driveway, and brought five loads of firewood up from the pasture. And ate leftovers.

Today we had our Saturday Trip to the Cabin in the most glorious sunshine. The colors! The blues! The blue-green water! The silver and gray trees! And the knitting on the porch, and the hiking . . . .



















(No one planned their clothes to match. The boys only own these neutrals. That's Jane that Felix is dating, and the extra boy is Jonathan, Felix's roommate, who is always, always welcome at our house.)

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Okay that third lad? Looks like your third son!! I did a triple-take :-D Love it.

Rose said...

Jonathan looks so much like my young friend Paul! It's great to see everyone together again, what a great weekend for you all.

The Composer looks like an Aussie in his hat and shorts!

Jennie said...

I've been following Pleasant View Schoolhouse in my reader for quite awhile, but I don't think I've ever commented before (though I might have done so and forgotten about it).

Anyway. Just stepping out of lurkdom to say that the photos of your children are beautiful. What a perfect memory of a blessed day.

Anonymous said...

I thought you were Cornelia in that one photo! You look so young, fresh, and vibrant! Glad to see Bella is back for a visit! God bless you all!

In Christ,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

all your kids!

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog for years Anna!! My heart absolutely smiles when I see these beautiful children turning into such excellent adults! Daisy and my Samuel are the same age and it just amazes me how much I see them changing and growing in the same ways - Samuel in person and Daisy on the blog. :)

The little snippets you give help to remind me of how important the "everyday" moments in our lives eventually become the results of where we are TODAY. Blessings & Shalom to you and your family always.

C.A. Lewis-McCarren

Polly said...

I totally thought everyone had coordinated that last photo. How funny that it just happened! The pictures are lovely.

Lisa Beth W. said...

Beautiful bunch of people. :) You are blessed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails