Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Menu for Tomorrow


The goal: 
To feed twenty-three people and have plenty of leftovers.

The means: 

Three turkeys
A ham
Mashed potatoes
Dairy-free mashed potatoes
Sweet potatoes with marshmallows
Sauteed green beans
Buttered rutabaga
Tian of potatoes, tomatoes, and beets
Butternut squash, radicchio, and kale gratin
Brussels sprouts roasted with chestnuts
Cornbread dressing
Gluten-free cornbread dressing
Wild rice dressing with dried fruit
Cranberry sauce
Gravy
Green salad
Rolls
Lots of pies
That ought to do it.


9 comments:

Lisa said...

Good grief, Anna! Happy Thanksgiving.

Lisateresa

Anonymous said...

Thankfully, all your girls are kitchen-friendly! Oh enjoy!

Polly said...

Please tell me you do not do all that yourself! I'm in charge of sweet potatoes, a fancy greens dish (which my husband will commandeer), dairy-free mashed potatoes and a gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate pie, and that is *quite* enough!! But then again, my children are still too young to do much work on the front end of the holiday. They do an excellent job cleaning their plates, though!

It sounds like a delicious menu. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Rose said...

Of course you had me running to Google Anna. For the Aussies and maybe the Brits (?) the rutabaga is a swede.

One thing you can be sure of is there will be more than enough. :)

Lisa said...

Ah, I have been wondering what a swede is!

Lisateresa

Kate at Wonderful Life Farm said...

Whew! I'm officially full just reading that! Hope your dinner was a great success and the leftovers are ample! Happy Thanksgiving!

Simple Fascinations said...

Your menu sounds intriguing...a few things I've never tried, and I'm sure it has to be yummy! And your photo is quite unique...lovely plumes on those grasses, and the sun shining just right. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wow! I would love to see your kitchen with all that going on! How do you cook 3 turkeys?

Farrah said...

We skipped turkey this year and had roasted organic chicken and it was delicious. I made 1 gluten free stuffing in addition to the other sides.

Related Posts with Thumbnails