Thursday, November 20, 2014

Embroidery in All Shades of Gray


 Last year I found a printed embroidery kit at the thrift store. Lots of flowers and plants, and I believe it came with a mess of crewel yarn. 

I threw that out.


I knew I wanted to embroidery this whole great big piece in just shades of gray. So I bought every shade I could find at the craft store.


When I finished, I thought it still needed something, so I went in and embroidered random star shapes here and there above the plants and in between them. And then scattered it with clear seed beads.

Soon I will make it into a pillow.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

What an idea! It's beautiful.

Lisateresa

Rozy Lass said...

So beautiful and artist. You have a well trained eye!

MamaBirdEmma said...

I think that this is my favorite thing that you have ever made!

Flepandco said...

I love muted colours. I find it so calming.

Lana Pugh said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Katherine said...

What a great idea. This is so lovely.

Carol said...

This is a work of art (in MD)

Jen said...

Gorgeous! Brilliant idea. I love the muted tones.

Polly said...

Your embroidery looks flawless. Mine, on the other hand, looks a little bit like a first-grader did it.....

This is probably one of my favorite-ever projects you have done. It is just gorgeous.

Farrah said...

You truly have a gift.

Lisa Beth W. said...

That. is. GORGEOUS! Can we please see a photo of the whole thing?

Unknown said...

Exquisite. I hope you post a photo of the finished pillow!

Related Posts with Thumbnails