Thursday, February 19, 2015

Daisy Makes a Whale


The afternoon took an unexpected turn when Daisy announced a burning desire to make a stuffed animal. We found a simple pattern for a whale in Erica Wilson's For the Baby, the first sewing book I ever bought.


Sure, the pattern pieces were simple, but the instructions said, "Join seams. Stuff." I kid you not. I gave her advice as she went along, and she did everything herself except the final bottom seam attaching the top to the mouth and the belly.


It's all hers, and she's named it Barnacle.

10 comments:

A Dusty Frame said...

ok! That is way awesome :) Good job, Daisy!!

Flepandco said...

so cute. well done Daisy!

Rose said...

Now that's a good looking whale Daisy!

Anna something about this post rang a bell for me so I did a quick search and soon found what it reminded me of:

http://pleasantviewschoolhouse.blogspot.com.au/2005/11/clara-has-sewing-success.html

Julian said...

Love it!! What a happy smile! Christina

Rozy Lass said...

Well that is just darling! Success breeds success, I hope she keeps sewing and crafting.

Stefanie said...

What a great name for a whale, way to go Daisy!

Lisa said...

Very cute!

Lisateresa

Farrah said...

It's so cute!

Mrs. Sensibility said...

I love it! Daisy chose the perfect name.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous! I adore the name and fabric choice. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails