Thursday, December 10, 2015

Winter Salad: Arugula and Parmesan


This is the first in a series of winter salads. Once a week or so I'll be trying something new and sharing it. Winter salads can be interesting! They differ from summer salad in that they don't live and die for tomatoes. I love tomatoes. But I do not eat them in the winter.

Today: arugula dressed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and curls of parmesan cheese. Leaving the vinegar OUT is the secret to a good arugula salad. The oil tempers the bite of the greens.

I actually went on to add an avocado and a tangerine to this and called it my lunch. It powered me through a seven-hour painting day.

4 comments:

Rose said...

That looks good Anna. Thanks for the tip on oil only with rocket (arugla), I'll look forward to your winter salad series.

I like this winter one from Sarah Britton's site -- it may give you some ideas. http://www.mynewroots.org/site/2014/01/the-winter-abundance-bowl/

Rozy Lass said...

YUMMY!

Polly said...

These are two of my husband's favorite ingredients...arugula and parmesan! I will have to pack him a similar salad for next week!

A seven hour painting day is a marathon indeed! I am guessing Daisy must be pretty independent with school. I am working with Finn with that end in mind..I already multitask a little during school, but not much!!

Farrah said...

I'm looking forward to your weekly post on winter salads. It isn't always easy to eat clean in the winter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails