Monday, January 11, 2016

My New Kitchen Window



This is kind of glorious--my dad has given me this salvaged stained-glass window he had in his attic. It originally came from my grandmother's CMA church which was torn down in the 80's. 


It's going in the big west window behind the kitchen sink. There's still plenty of space to look out and see the woods and sky. It's going to be beautiful!


The Composer hasn't hung it yet and it's sitting on two paint cans so we can see if we like the placement. Daisy's friend Josie was over visiting. "Is that window always going to be sitting on those cans of paint?' she asked. "No," we said, "that's just for now." Thoughtful pause. "What cans of paint *will* it sit on?"

13 comments:

Rose said...

Great window and great inquiry from Josie!

Unknown said...

Oh that's beautiful! And what a curious josie!:)
Christina

Rozy Lass said...

What a truly awesome gift! No doubt the colors and symbols will lift your spirits all day long.

donaleen said...

If you need more can choices, I can help.

Nancy said...

Dear Anna, I'm inspired by your choice to hang this bit of glory above your kitchen window, where no doubt you will take so much more joy in it than, say in a living room where many of us would have been inclined to place it. I like your way of seeing!

Nancy said...

Beautiful window with personal meaning - lovely.
Nancy

Choate Family said...

Great choice to place it in the kitchen where so much of the day is spent!

The Hobbit said...

Lucky window to be able to have a home that will take good care of it.

Lisa said...

So much yellow - not so common on stained glass windows, I think. At least, traditional ones in churches. Very exciting!

Lisateresa

jenny_o said...

Hee hee - from the mouths of children :)

Beautiful.

Heather said...

What a special gift! And those paint cans! Hahaha, so funny.

Rebecca said...

What a lovely addition to your already-lovely kitchen! I have a fondness for these old windows. I see them at estate sales quite often, and it is all I can do not to adopt them all!

grace said...

Hi Anna I would advice against the sink placement, nothing is as wonderful as looking at natute while dishwashing and the coloured light will affect your ability to see if things are clean. I'm sure there are other options in your home to do it justice. We had a stained glass frount door and the beautiful light streaming from there into the lounge and hall was so welcoming. Blessings for 2016 grace

Related Posts with Thumbnails