Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Gold Beading on a Corset


I'm working away, not in any hurry, at a jersey corset. It's stenciled in the Magdalena pattern (a favorite) and I am doing a bugle bead quilting stitch around each shape.


This is the first time I've done my stencil in Liquitex paint made for airbrushing. It's much more fluid than the stuff I've found in the past--and I really like it. I bought it at the Alabama Chanin store and I know it's on the website too. A little goes much farther than the stencil paints I've tried before.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! How did you apply the paint? Airbrush or something else?

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

seashoreknits said...

Beautiful, Anna.
So satisfying, yes?

Lisa said...

I've often wondered if these paints have a strong smell.

Lisateresa

Oklady said...

Yes how did you put on the paint? It's beautiful.

Anna said...

Tonya, I used a cheap paintbrush (what I've always done). Lisa, the paints are very mild and pleasant to work with.

Lisa said...

Thanks, Anna!

Lisateresa

Vija said...

Anna, the airbrush that they sell on the AC sight is very small and simple (and not expensive). I just hook mine up to a can of compressed air ($20, lasts for many projects). More clean-up, some finicky clogging at times, but wow -- suede-like color almost floating on the fabric. You might consider trying it one day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails