Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Sunday Dinner: Carnitas


Fed a crowd after church Sunday with:

Pork carnitas
Corn tortillas
Guacamole, cilantro, salsa, sour cream
Sliced peaches
Fried okra
Green salad

To prepare the carnitas before church, right after breakfast I diced a good-sized pork loin into stew-meat sized chunks. Put them in the pressure cooker in a single layer with plenty of salt, pepper, and cumin, and browned them. Added a little water and sealed it up. About ten minutes at 15 pounds, and they were deliciously tender, and still had their brown crust on them. These went into the fridge until after church, and were reheated at lunchtime.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect! Christina gomez

Margo said...

such a pretty table scene! I see your tablecloth doesn't cover the table completely - please tell me your thoughts on that. I have several short tablecloths - maybe I will take a cue from you and just use them and let my table show. . . but I do have kids to contend with. . . would love to hear your tablecloth philosophy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails