Friday, August 03, 2007

Charming Handbag


I can't get enough of Bend-the-Rules Sewing. I am loving every project I try. How about this little green handbag? Soft flocked green and white on the outside, inside crisp white with green leaves. A wired-ribbon rosette sewn on for fun, with "leaves" made out of my tiny treasured stash of pale green velvet ribbon (came from my mother's prom dress in 1962).

A *great* pattern--inventive, easy to work with, and CUTE. I'll put it in the shop tomorrow, because I love to buy the fabric, I love to create with it, then I love to pass it on.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Your bag is adorable! I am always inspired by the items you sew. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

It's wonderful. Congratulations!

Girl Raised in the South said...

At your recommendation I found the book, and can't wait to try out some of the projects this fall.

Anonymous said...

I just love the fabric and trims you chose for this one!

My husband gave me the book for my birthday last week and I'm just thrilled with it. I've forced myself to finish three other projects I had on the go before I tried something. Hopefully this weekend...

Related Posts with Thumbnails