Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cupcakes with Berries

We made a host of cupcakes today for Clara's solo cello recital tonight. How to decorate them when I have no cake decorating skills? The disciplined use of berries.


We did a plate of blueberries. Another separate plate of cupcakes with raspberries.


And the cutest ever, the plate decorated with tiny strawberries (we went picking yesterday).


The use of the single berry reminds me that "Elegance is refusal." No one was elegant at the recital, though, as these all got eaten.

12 comments:

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

beautiful!!!!!

FYI...i highlighted your blog on my post today. :-)

Suzanne said...

Simplicity is elegance:-)

Janna said...

They look delicious! What a great idea for a simple decoration.

Sarah said...

What a marvellous idea! I think they look more tasteful and enticing than something covered with fluffy designs. It is Victorian stuffiness versus Regency elegance - yes, I think, speak and live in different fashion eras! - and I think the regency is more beautiful. :)

Sarah

Anonymous said...

I love the cupcakes!!!!!! My class of four and fives who love for me to bring cupcakes will just love these.
They usually get cupcakes with berries on the side.
Now they will think I'm a genius. (I'll give you the credit) Thanks again.

Ms. Dale

Anonymous said...

The strawberry cupcakes are gorgeous...'no caking decorating skills'...who needs them with such an eye to capture beauty in simplicity!

Miss Lisa said...

Oh love it! A great way to add color with the nasty fake food coloring or the too expensive natural stuff :)

I found you blog off Elizabeth's post-- it's fantastic!

Miss Lisa said...

I meant without that other stuff--d'oh :0

Anonymous said...

The smallest berries are the sweetest!☺

momof3girls said...

Oh they look so good! My 4 year old is sitting here looking over my shoulder begging for berries now!
Tammy

Kathi said...

These are just lovely.

Kathi

good_to_be_home said...

Very yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails