Thursday, November 20, 2008

"She Was Determined to Knit a Whole Dress"

"Valerie gave Coralie a lesson in knitting, with the idea of making a sweater she very much admired. After which they took a brisk walk downtown to purchase needles and wool.

Coralie had a feeling as she came back with her fat bundle under her arm, as if she were really beginning to amount to something at last. She was determined to knit a whole dress like Valerie's. It might take her years but she knew it was going to be fun."

--Grace Livingston Hill, The Seventh Hour

4 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

Whoa, I have never heard of this book. (My real name is Coralie, but with two ee's at the end... shh, it's a secret. )

;)

Anonymous said...

oooooooooh lala another Grace Livingston Hill fan...my great aunt started me on them when i was a wee girl...i have dozens and they are so sweet and uplifting.

Polly said...

My knitting is generally restricted to baby hats. I'm reeling at the idea of a whole dress. That's ambition, indeed!

Renee said...

I like small projects that don't take to long to make. I can't image making a dress, but I'm sure it would be lovely:)

Renee

Related Posts with Thumbnails