Wednesday, April 29, 2009

In the Owlmaker's Workshop


The owlmaker (me!) has surrounded herself with felted sweaters, roving, embroidery floss, and the Sibley's Guide.


Mother Barn Owl was a big success, but the prototype fledgling was a little wonky. Too skinny? Too something. But just right for Daisy, who immediately trained it to "step up" on to her arm on command. Just the way Frederick our parrot does.


Something about this small softy appeals to her greatly.

(Complete woolen owl photos await Giles' arrival home in June. Thanks for waiting with bated breath!)

9 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

Precious.

I heard owls this morning.

Leah said...

She is such a precious little girl. I like the owl, he looks extremely fuzzy. :)

Nadine said...

How precious - it is always nice to have a new little friend to play with!

Rain said...

What a sweet owly face! And girly face too.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Anna and all at PVHS
This is off-topic, but I'm wondering how the Pirates of Penzance went? Or is it still in the offing?

Buttercup, of Yore

Anonymous said...

Buttercup again....

While sauntering through your archives, I discovered a cousin of my new tote - sitting on top of a striped footstool base!

Anna said...

Buttercup, Pirates was a huge success. Bella and Daisy attended all the rehearsals with Clara and as a result were offered free passes to all the performances. Which they did attend.

Mabel was double-cast, and both young ladies were enchanted with Daisy, who was photographed with them at every turn.

And for a final, exciting chapter, both Mabels, as well as the Pink Sister, are coming to tea later in May! Bella's cooking, of course.

Anonymous said...

Anna,
Yesterday, I was finally able to get a copy of Wesley the Owl from our library and I have been enjoying reading it(I know my children will enjoy it, too). Having Wesley on my mind, I was surprised to see his likeness on your blog. Thank you so much for the book recommendation and congratulations to Clara on the success of Pirates of Penzance. And best wishes to Bella on her tea party.
Amy F.

Hopewell said...

What a sweet little girl AND the owl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails