Saturday, November 08, 2014

A Cow from the Stash


My sewing room stash is truly magical. It's not that big--truly, it's not--but it always manages to have *just* the right thing at *just* the right time.

Today I was poking around a half-empty shelf and found just a little of this purple and gray plaid wool. It's a loose weave, and had a few moth holes, so I was going to throw it away, until I happened to wonder if I still had a needlepointed pillow front featuring . . . a Holstein. That looks just like Mabel. 


Yes, I did have a needlepointed version of Mabel in the stash. I put the two together with a little black piping (from the stash) and am looking forward to presenting Mabel's owner with this little token of my affection for her cow.

3 comments:

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

So lovely! I think your neighbor will be pleased!

Flepandco said...

No fair Anna. My stash is nothing like that. Having said that, I may just sift through it once more to see if I have somehow misplaced a Holstein needlepoint too...highly unlikely but one can live in hope.

Lisa said...

Oh, I LOVE this! When I was younger, there were lots of these cows in this town. Not so many now.

Lisateresa

Related Posts with Thumbnails