Friday, November 14, 2014

Happy Pillow, with Bluebirds




I found someone's pretty awesome piece of crossstitch at the thrift store. I believe it was taped around cardboard and stuck in a cheap frame. Didn't take long to rip that apart.


Besides the sentiment, I love the fresh and happy colors.


I backed it with pieces of a vintage tablecloth, and stuck that coral zipper in there because that's what I had. 

To love and be loved is the greatest joy on earth, but a good thrifty sewing project comes in a close second.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What a thing to have in your home! I rank that up there with your quilt with the bible verse stitched in the sashing.

Lisateresa

Michelle said...

Ooh I love it, good work, that would have taken somebody many pain staking hours to complete, you did it the justice it deserved :)
I love your blog, I don't comment much, but it certainly blesses me like a breath of fresh air. :)

Blessings

Sarah said...

What a terrific find! The colors and design are just lovely.

Sarah

Jennifer said...

My grandma used to have that sampler hanging in her home. What a sweet memory!

Related Posts with Thumbnails