Friday, July 22, 2016

Flower Duty


Clara and I had flower duty today--fifteen bouquets for a party tonight. Carol's daughter up and got married earlier this summer, with no fanfare--but tonight was going to be the celebration.


Just after the crack of dawn we put on rubber boots and hauled out the mop bucket. It's not the best time of year for flowers, but our standards are low. The last few hydrangea blossoms, the phlox, zinnias, butterfly bush, lanatan, naked ladies, gooseneck, some crepe myrtle, lots of basil and rosemary.


We lined the jars up and started dropping flowers in.


And kept on and on, and then added in the bundles of flowers I got at Kroger for $2.99 each. By the end, we had some really full bouquets. Finished pictures tomorrow, after we've recovered from the party.

8 comments:

Judy said...

Beautiful - my very favourite, informal style of flower posy. I hope you enjoy the celebration.

Instagram.com/melissasnotes said...

Oh, they are just lovely! Wonderful what home grown flowers, meadows, and a few store bought flowers can produce.
You all are so busy right now; helping with the celebration, a new house, painting the sewing room (which I can't wait to see, would love to see how you organize your sewing things...hint, hint!).

Unknown said...

Great job girls! Really beautiful!

Marie said...

I just love your simplistic approach to everything! The end result is always beautiful! I am a long time reader - since 2006, whenever I find myself in a place of domestic discouragement or chaos, I scroll through your blog posts and I am instantly motivated and uplifted. Thank you for your beautiful words and inspiring approach to homeschooling and life at home! Have fun at the party!

Rose said...

Anna I'm going to have to take issue with one of your statements, your standards aren't low, they are realistic which is why you achieve so much creatively. You've certainly helped me to kick perfection to the curb.

Lisa Beth W. said...

Lovely! I like your style and the way you go at things very much.

Anna said...

Rose, you're right. I'm changing my label to realistic. Always striving for Good Enough!

Lisa said...

Rose, you nailed it. And Anna - it *is* good enough! (which is why we all love this blog so much, and take encouragement from it) xo

Lisateresa

Related Posts with Thumbnails