Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Sunday Dinner: Chicken Curry


Our Young Adult Lunch this week was for 17 people after church, and I fed them all chicken curry using this favorite recipe. I used one package of chicken breasts (about 5 large pieces), two bags of mirepoix mix, five zucchinis, a handful of asparagus from the garden,  two red bell peppers, and two heads of bok choy.

I also cooked up five cups of basmati rice (best to split a batch this large into two pots for better texture), cut up two canteloupes, and made a large green salad. Lime wedges, shredded coconut, and soy sauce on the table.

The curry and rice take less than an hour to prepare--done before church with the girls helping. The curry went in the crockpot to stay warm, and the rice stayed out on the stove in a heavy pot.

Doable. And one young lady looked up at me almost in tears during lunch and said she had been dreaming of chicken curry. It's almost finals week.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a ministry and blessing!

elizabeth said...

how delicious! You have so many blessings in your life! someday I hope to be able to do more dinners for others... it seems that every life has seasons in which they can do more of one thing or another! God bless you and your beautiful family!

Polly said...

I make chicken and vegetable curry weekly, and it's our go-to dish for when we're going to be busy. On co-op days, I make it in the morning and let it hang out in the crockpot all day, and I LOVE bursting into the house at 6pm, tired and hungry, and knowing dinner's there for me.

Finals week is hard. Curry is a definite blessing!

Amy said...

As a college student just finished with finals and frequently the recipient of good food, I feel the young lady's tears. Thank you for your ministry to those students near you!

I'm feeling a curry dinner this week...

Related Posts with Thumbnails