Wednesday, April 19, 2006

New Retro Housedress



Here is a glimpse (if you can get past Daisy's profile) of a most successful dress I have made myself. I got this fabulous silky cotton in a pale green with red rosebuds at the incomparable Denver Fabrics Store last summer, after first becoming acquainted with their website. I made up a pattern with a fitted bodice and A-line skirt and trimmed it in rick-rack used as scallops, along the sleeve cuffs,front placket of the dress, and around the collar. When I put it on, I just want to mop!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

A dress that makes one want to mop! My goodness...there has to be a marketing strategy there. lol It's lovely, truly, as is your Daisy. :)

Lucy said...

It looks so pretty - and so does Daisy!

Magistra Mommy said...

Anna,
I love it! Did you use a pattern for it? The fabric is truly beautiful. :o)

Magistra Mommy said...

Oi,

Sorry! I just read the post again. Hmmmm...let me rephrase that...which patterns did you use to piece the dress together?

By the way, Daisy is, as always...a cutie!

Borden Tribe said...

I am in love with all of the adorable clothes that you are making for yourself and your children. I would really enjoy doing something like this but I have only recently started using my sewing machine. Is there something simple that you can reccomend to perhaps get me started?

Related Posts with Thumbnails