Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Knitted Hat



Here is the finished hat I began knitting on a sunny morning in October. It only took a week to finish but I never did get around to knitting the lavender flowers--instead I pinned on a felted wool corsage that my mother had used to ornament a sweater for Clara last year. It's a perfect near-match: I love clashing shades of bright pink and orange together. I think the hat will belong to Clara since she looks so dear in it, and I just made her a dress that truly is a perfect match.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the combination of pink and orange together. I use it whenever I can.

Anonymous said...

That is really a sweet hat. I cant knit, but I can crochet. Maybe Ill try something for my daughter in Blue and pink.
Christina Gomez

Anonymous said...

I have made some extra crochetted hair ribbons, would your girls like some?
E mail me if you would like,
ChristinaGomez
gomezjj2@sbcglobal.net

Kelli said...

It's beautiful!

Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

What a lovely hat!! And Happy Thanksgiving to you!! How do you fit in time to sew and knit? I'm having such a hard time just getting all of our homeschooling in and trying to keep the house in presentable condition! My children's ages are 10, 8, 8, and 2. I'd like to learn how to fit this into my day. I can't do too many things at night because I fall asleep! So, it would be so nice to create a little niche in my day where I'm awake and can knit uninterrupted! I want to learn from you!

Blessings, Betty

Shari said...

that definitely looks cool. i like the orange/ pink combination too. it's very fashionable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails