Friday, January 19, 2007

Pillows

Details of pillows from around the house . . .

Last week I took two valances that were gifts from my friend Elyse and turned them into baby-sized pillowcases for Daisy's little pillow. They're both hand-embroidered "Dutch children" designs with plenty of juicy mango color to match her walls:



A couple of months ago I took vintage hankies in various pinks and appliqued them to plain white linen pillowcases I made to cover square throw pillows. This hankie was a gift from Clara--she knew I would *love* the pink tiger lily. These pillows live on my bed . . .



A hand-crocheted applique on a pillowcase I often use. It looks as though it is reaching the end of its lifespan, but a stray hole never bothers me. I would love to make a set of pillowcases with this kind of detail--hey, maybe from my "Television Scarfs" book!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think you and I were thinking along the same wavelengths yesterday. I spent naptime cutting valances and edging pillowcases with them. I have many more to do! :-)

I love the embroidered Dutch children pillow. I think I am partial though, because I am Dutch! ;-)

Julian said...

very sweet.
Christina

Anonymous said...

just wanted to tell you that I stumbled across your blog and find it beautiful and inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Could someone please explain to me "trimming a pillowcase" or "ending" it?? I don't know what that means....

Cheryl :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails