Friday, April 06, 2007

Orange Marmalade Cake

When my children were all little the day before Easter was always exhausting. Cooking, dyeing eggs, cleaning the house--by the end of the day I would be wiped out.

With an eye on sanity I began some of my cooking for Easter today. I made an Orange Marmalade Cake so that I would have time to enjoy the complicated process, and because the cake is *much* tastier when it's had a day or two to sit in the fridge.

We sifted, zested . . .


creamed, and fresh-squeezed.


I still need to frost and drizzle, but it's a good start.

11 comments:

Julian said...

wow, what fun! Great idea to make ahead. My day begins tomarrow, except, Im making a lemon cake. I bet your cake will be delicious!
Christina

Anonymous said...

Was it the orange marmalade cake from Jan Karon's books?? !! It sounded soooo good!

Betty said...

I was going to ask the same question....Is it the same one that's in Jan Karon's books?

Anonymous said...

What lovely pictures! Thanks for the bright, cheerful, and motivating post.

Jodi said...

Your cake sounds luscious, Anna! I just wanted to pop in and wish you and your family a joyful and blessed Resurrection Sunday!

Kelly said...

Reading Jan Karon leaves me drooling...Rector's Meatloaf, cornbread, and that famous cake. Post a picture of the cake when it's done, if you please!

Gena said...

I always start cooking the day before ANY holiday. I, like you, learned the hard way. With little ones, Mama is always exhausted by the time the holiday actually rolls around.

The beginnings of your cake look delicious. I love the way oranges smell. The perk up the entire kitchen.

AmeliaB said...

Oh how yummy that cake sounds. My mom and I love orange marmelade almost as much as Paddington Bear. :-)

~Amelia

Elisabeth Black said...

Because you just have to make that cake, don't you? I mean, how could you not?

Unknown said...

Today is No Housework Day! So no work for you!
Your cake sounds yummy.

Kim said...

All of your children are beautiful, but Bella reminds me of my own children. I love to see all the pictures on your blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails