Monday, June 18, 2007

Vintage Housecoat: Simplicity 4625

I had fun this weekend making up this vintage girls' housecoat pattern. I love the fact that the girl in green is holding a kitty!



It came out beautifully, in thrifted polished cotton. Unfortunately, too small through the shoulders for Bella, so I will be putting it in my shop.



I love the fact that the pattern calls for ruffles absolutely everywhere it can! Here they are frosting the top of the pocket. I used vintage bias binding to finish the inner ruffle edge--a little secret for the girl who's wearing it.



And I love the puffy sleeve finished with a ruffle.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Gorgeous! The ruffles are charming. I'm with you -- I think vintage pattern illustrations are almost as fun as the patterns themselves.
--Laura (RosieMBanks from S&S)

Mrs. MK said...

Love the details!!

One Lily said...

That is absolutely beautiful and you are extremely talented in this area!

Elle Jay Bee said...

Oh my goodness...that is one pretty dress! I love all things vintage, and I can't resist dresses for my daughter. This one is a treasure.
Lovely blog!

Linda

Anonymous said...

That is too cute. I love the fabric you chose.

Anonymous said...

Lovely, simply lovely!

singinginthemoonlight said...

Just lovely, Anna. I hope it finds a dear little friend that will feel like a princess while wearing it.
You and your precious family have a beautiful day.
Jewels

Related Posts with Thumbnails