Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Brownies on a Wednesday Night


Week in and week out, a small group of friends has come to our house on Wednesday nights to study the Bible and pray together. For, oh, about fourteen years now.

I really love these people.

It's my privilege to offer them something nice on Wednesday evenings. We went to the blackberry farm today, so late this afternoon we made a big pan of melty brownies. Later they were plated, draped in whipped cream, and sprinkled with berries. To say to these people, "I'm glad you came, and I'm glad you like chocolate."

13 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh, they do look delightful! Well done! Your blog is simply lovely!
Have a blessed weekend, and may God bless you!

Amelia

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

oh, yum.

Lucille said...

Those look gorgeous. What early blackberries you have.

Shelley in SC said...

What a great way to make prosaic brownies look positively poetic!! Yummm!

Gillian said...

Those look SO good! I never would've thought of whipped cream and berries on brownies, but it sounds incredible.

Kat said...

I am so inspired!

Polly said...

The brownies look great, but what I love is the friendship. That is exactly what I hope to have develop over the years for us as well! have already put the prayer request in on that matter--months ago--now I wait!

Lisateresa said...

Lovely.

Anonymous said...

So yummy, could you share your brownie recipe, please?

Sharon said...

They looks so pretty and delicious! What a huge blessing to be meeting with friends for Bible Study and prayer and for 14 years! Awesome!

Have a blessed day Anna!

Erica Lea said...

Gorgeous photo. And your description is wonderful, as always.

pfarmwife said...

Anna, I am so glad to have found you. I think we have quite a bit in common and would make delightful friends. Too bad we aren't neighbors now....but one day we will be!

Warmly,
Stacey
www.providencefarmva.blogspot.com
www.whatsoever-things.blogspot.com

Dinahsoar said...

You are an incredible young woman and an inspiration to myself and others. If ever there were a Proverbs 31 woman, it'd have to be you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails