Thursday, April 19, 2012

Green Tea Punch


It's easy, it's cheap, and you can keep the ingredients on hand. And you can pass it off as Asian if you want to--I'm always stumped about what to serve to drink with Chinese or Thai . . . .

Green Tea Punch

Bring 8 c. water to a boil. Pour over 8 regular or decaff green tea bags and let steep according to teabag directions.

In a very large jar or pitcher, mix 1/2 a can of lemonade concentrate and 5 c. water. When the tea has cooled, add it to the jar.

Stir in 1/3 c. sugar til dissolved. Add a big handful of fresh mint from the backyard, and serve over ice.

Then, generally, the thrifty housewife will plan to make punch again the next day to use up that half-can of lemonade concentrate sitting in the freezer.

12 comments:

Margo said...

I don't keep lemonade concentrate on hand, so I serve iced green tea or backyard mint.

Another good thing is icing an herbal tea like Red Zinger or Peach Passion, teas that seem odd hot become nifty Koolaids when iced. I blogged about it:
http://thriftathome.blogspot.com/2010/07/adult-kool-aid.html

Susana Neiger said...

Super! My kids are very fond of adding a handful of mint leaves from our flowerbed when they make lemonade, so I'm thinking this recipe may become a big hit!

Lisa said...

It sounds good.

Lisateresa

Laura {{* *}} said...

Ooh yes!
Might a bruised knob of fresh ginger
give it a kick of Asian authenticity?

Mmm. Bring on the Massaman!

{{* *}}

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha I was going to ask you what you did with that half can of leftover lemon!

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Sounds delicious. We love green tea..so, I will have to try this.. thanks for sharing.

Geer Family said...

look forward to trying it, but I'll have to modify making lemonade concentrate with fresh limes...we'll see how it turns out.

~katie~ said...

Speaking of Chinese recipes....any favorites you've shared in the archives or plan to share? =)

Farrah said...

How big is your jar? It sounds delicious.

Anna said...

Mm, the ginger sounds nice!

We use a one-gallon jar.

Angie said...

Can you tell me where to get wooden spoons like the one pictured here? I inherited a couple from my grandmother, but they are finally starting to bite the dust, and I don't know what I will do without them!

The lemonade looks SO refreshing!!!

Anna said...

Angie, I really don't remember. Probably a kitchen store?

Related Posts with Thumbnails