Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Knit Dress for Bella


This Santa Fe dress for Bella came out lovely, in a very heavy and drapey bamboo-cotton blend (I think!). I left all the edges raw and unfinished inside the dress, and even the lower edge has no hem.

I wasn't impressed at all with the instructions or illustrations in the pattern though. The bodice shaping is created from a series of pleats and folds, like origami, but the drawings are very hard to follow, and the right and wrong sides aren't distinguished, as far as I can tell.

On the other hand, though it might not be right, it looks great on Bella.


7 comments:

Rachel said...

You never cease to amaze me. Stunning dress.

And Bella was certainly named appropriately. She is beautiful!

Flepandco said...

Ooo that looks so comfy yet stylish! You're not worried about the fabric unravelling with no hems?

Anonymous said...

I'll take one! The dress looks fabulous on her. Regards-Jamie

Rose said...

It does look great on Bella! And Bella, I must tell you that when I was about your age I had a pair of shoes exactly the same. I can't see the details of your shoes in the photo but I remember the shoelaces of mine went around hooks on the instep of the shoe.

seashoreknits said...

The dress is simply beautiful and looks perfect on Bella - I am sure she must love it!
And like Rose, I noticed the shoes - LOVE them and wish I could locate the same.
Great style, Bella - and great job on the dress, Anna - the pleats look so lovely.

Lisa said...

Nice job, and a nice fit.

Lisateresa

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dress on Bella! (In MD)

Related Posts with Thumbnails