Monday, September 22, 2014

Mabel's Calf

Sunday morning when I went down to the milk stall with Mabel's feed, she (most uncharacterically) wasn't waiting for me with an accusing eye.


Instead she was hanging out below some bushes, patiently cleaning up after this little guy! Her calf, whose delivery date was the subject of wild and varying speculation, was here.


We're calling him Corky. He's so attractive--that velvety fawn skin (he's 3/4 Jersey), an inquisitive nose, and plenty of eye makeup.


And, Mabel started mooing at last. With her lips closed. 
Ah, Mabel, you were born for this!

7 comments:

Xenia Kathryn said...

Oh dear... how cute! I must ask, is Corky a reference to Waiting for Guffman? If so, I like you even more now. :D

Rose said...

which reminds me ... I get the most delicious jersey milk from the Farmers' Market. I think Corky may be on the receiving end of some doting attention from The Goat Whisperer.

Julie said...

So sweet!

Lisa said...

What a lovely little fellow.

Lisateresa

Farrah said...

Daisy must be in heaven! Good job Mabel! Will you enjoy her delicious raw milk?

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Such a charming little guy! Wish I could pet his velvety nose.

Maria Ricci said...

LOVE your new addition! Now just don't let them out of your yard! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails