Monday, December 29, 2014

Cello Skirt Log Cabin Quilt Top


Clara and I made an afternoon of piecing our quilt top. With both of us working assiduously, it's a four-to-five hour job.


That's starting with the strips already cut--I had prepared them weeks ago and stored them neatly in a basket until we had some time together. Because it's really nice having help!


As usual, we were stunned by the successful alchemy that is scrapwork piecing. No matter what, it seems like scrap quilts come out gorgeous. Clara gets the design credit on this one.

6 comments:

Beer said...

Just beautiful! They are filled with sweet memories...

Margo said...

How fun to do the piecing together! I adore patchwork - it satisfies my creative urge so well. It's always more than the sum of its parts and I'm always surprised by the "ugly" fabric that just needs the right neighbors.

Lisa said...

How very interesting. I like it!

Lisateresa

seashoreknits said...

Beautiful - some of my favorite colors! Piecing a quilt top is one of the needlecrafts I still have to try. Maybe 2015 is the year!!

UmmTasnim said...

I love your log cabin quilts. What is the width of your strip? I want to make one from some linen garments I picked up at the thrift store. My pattern calls for 1.25 inch strips, which seems rather small to me. Could you share any advice? Thank you, and thanks for everything you share on the blog!

Anna said...

I make three-inch strips because that's the width of my cutting ruler. I would not want to piece a quilt with 1.25 inch strips--too narrow! But it would be beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails