Monday, September 21, 2015

Home with Giles' Quilt

Hello again, after a trip with Clara to NYC to visit Giles. Like last time, I failed to take any pictures at all of the good times we had--shopping, sailing, cooking, and eating.


I very much appreciate Giles' hospitality in his small apartment. It's always fun to see the household things I made years ago and gave him, then forgot about. Like this quilt, one of my earliest endeavors. I brought it home so I could patch the worn places. 


I could do that because I brought an empty duffel bag along, planning to fill it with my haul at Mood Fabrics. Said haul didn't happen after all--I always plan fabric shopping for last, so I don't have to carry around a heavy bundle, and then I run out of time.

I'm sure I'll find something to sew anyway, even without an infusion of new Big City Fabrics.

It's good to be back! Tomorrow I'm going to go for a run, buy groceries, empty the trash cans, clean the bird cage, and call a bunch of people on the phone for work. And patch that quilt.

8 comments:

Rose said...

"I'm sure I'll find something to sew anyway, even without an infusion of new Big City Fabrics." may qualify as the understatement of the year. Bar none. :)

Instagram.com/melissasnotes said...

I'm curious to know how you will patch those pieces. I recently patched up my sons quilt from 2000 (his graduation year). I took apart the binding at different places and just reached in and restitched the seams, which was where most of the problems were. Replacing whole pieces is more difficult.
Also, is Giles still dating Miss C? Or is this too personal a question?
How wonderful that you and Clara could visit him together.

Unknown said...

It sounds like you have had a wonderful time. I would love to know how you are going to patch the quilt. I have an older quilt that needs patching.

Lisa said...

I've always loved that quilt! The linens. So, how do you patch it - do you just applique a piece over the torn patch?

Lisateresa

Unknown said...

That's sweet he carried the quilt you made him with him. Beautiful! Christina

jenny_o said...

If you are so inclined, would you share how you patch a previously sewn quilt? I have one of my grandmother's quilts that is in need of the same thing.

Anna said...

I am going to applique over the needy spots. Those fabrics are worn through.

Giles is unattached at the moment, but always hopeful!

jenny_o said...

Thanks, Anna.

Related Posts with Thumbnails