Thursday, December 29, 2016

Rehearsal Evening


We are in a winter wonderland for Felix's wedding. I stepped out to run this morning and there was snow everywhere!
 

Everyone here worked so hard today, transforming the church sanctuary into an evergreen forest with eight fir trees (bless the Christmas tree farm that cut them down and gave them to Felix for free!)
 

A second crew was busy in the reception space, turning a big blah room into a twinkly enchanted land.


Meanwhile my mother, my cousin Sal, and I prepared the rehearsal dinner. Yesterday I had cooked at Sal's house--a giant vat of beef stew and another of creamed chicken. Those got finished today, and a mountain of cream biscuits got baked, and vast quantities of salad with citrus got prepped.
 

Just like last time, I forgot that I had to actually go to the rehearsal, and leave my dinner preparations right at the crucial time! Next time I will get it right.


Unbelievable, these precious young men lined up for this occasion.
 

Oh my, here she comes on her father's arm. She walked down this aisle with Felix in June when they were bridesmaid and groomsman at Giles' wedding. Who could have known?
 


Stepping up.


The view from the evergreens.
 

These two!
 

Tomorrow is it!


12 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my, oh my oh my. Felix is very dear to everyone who reads this blog, I'm sure. Imagine, Christmas trees at your wedding! But it's a Christmas wedding, so of course! I'm glad to hear your mother is feeling well - enough to be working so hard! You will collapse after this.

Lisateresa

Unknown said...

Such sweetness! Every blessing comes down from the Father of lights. Praying blessings over the families and couple.

Davene Grace said...

My heart aches a little from the wonder and loveliness of it all. I pray that God would shower every blessing on this young couple and grant them the most beautiful wedding day that would be just the start to a lifelong, deep-abiding, world-transforming love. (And a special prayer for you, too, Anna, as you watch your son step out in this way!)

Celeste said...

How wonderful! I can't wait to see the photos from the wedding itself.

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I've been reading your blog since the beginning and remember when Felix was barely a teenager. It's surreal to see all your kids (and mine!) growing up so quickly. Blessings to the bride and groom!!

Julie said...

What a way to end 2016. Good luck to them both for their future together. Can't wait to see the photos.

Carol said...

I love the evergreens in the wedding chapel. They set such a beautiful tone.

Huskerbabe said...

How lovely to see a couple so much in love and eager to start their lives together. There is something so precious about it, almost sacred. :)
Praying it's a wonderful day for everyone!

Instagram.com/melissasnotes said...

Thank you for sharing, these are wonderful photos.

Anonymous said...

My husband and I got married on December 29th 1990. We have been been married for 26 years this year...I love winter weddings!!

Congratulations...and Happy New Year!!

Renee

A Knitters Notebook

Marlaine said...

Congrats to all! What a happy time! And I had to laugh, as I read your "Who could have known?" comment about them walking down the aisle together for Giles' wedding--instantly the aisle scene from "The Strange Proposal" came to mind. ;-) A little touch of GLH is just too sweet!

Jyl Noll said...

I know that building! I went to Bible School back in 2000 there. At the time they were just painting the back of the church wall. Strange to have followed your blog off snd on for many years snd then see another part of my life that overlapped. Blessings to you snd your family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails